It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like knowing when you require air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and forget to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a variety of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they understand your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the best savings out there. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a high priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you love to know when it’s time to replace your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to notify you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can pick the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a host of bonuses that can help improve your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Phelps Heating & Cooling in Hodgenville has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 270-358-3167.