With warmer weather close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at its best, it can trim a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically raise your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Phelps Heating & Cooling professional perform air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system working at its best for a long time. He or she can ensure the unit is operating correctly and can identify looming issues in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your expert air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during cooler months. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they may inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any aspect of it.
During the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or swapped out during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have different needs when dealing with air filter replacement, depending on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you have a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer offers. Give the pros at Phelps Heating & Cooling a call at 270-358-3167.