Having routine air conditioning service done at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Hodgenville summertime, have the professionals at Phelps Heating & Cooling conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to unlawfully discharging it to the air.
- Check for correct airflow through the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We suggest looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Phelps Heating & Cooling today at 270-358-3167.