Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Hodgenville are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the existing filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also reduce the quality of the air in your living space.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Phelps Heating & Cooling in Hodgenville offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 270-358-3167 and stay comfortable this summer.