There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Hodgenville, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to think about annual furnace service as well, but probably not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in many shapes and forms, like:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners strictly associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees could help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, changing furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Phelps Heating & Cooling technician drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few basic ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures dip in Hodgenville. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is right for your system, give the pros at Phelps Heating & Cooling a call at 270-358-3167 to start saving a little more today.