As warmer weather begins, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Hodgenville? Particularly if your cooling unit is recently installed or was running well last season.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never have to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Phelps Heating & Cooling, Inc. pro can help spot small issues before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your AC to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal components.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy consumption—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and may even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, because you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps locate little problems before they lead to big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine pieces and complete a set of air conditioning performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to find issues before they turn into big issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the season. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to give worry-free comfort. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your system is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A quality AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the subsequent locations and components:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with Phelps Heating & Cooling, Inc.
Today is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Phelps Heating & Cooling, Inc. pros a ring at 270-358-3167 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we visit your home, be sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.