As warmer weather rolls around, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Hodgenville? Even if your air conditioning system is newer or was running good last summer.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your equipment checked seasonally by a Phelps Heating & Cooling, Inc. expert can help spot minor issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy use—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps pinpoint little problems before they lead to big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine parts and complete a series of cooling performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find issues before they turn into large problems that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and parts:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Right Away with Phelps Heating & Cooling, Inc.
This week is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Phelps Heating & Cooling, Inc. pros a ring at 270-358-3167 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, be sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.