As warmer weather begins, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Hodgenville? Particularly if your AC unit is up-to-date or was running well last season.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never expect to schedule any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can develop leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your system inspected yearly by a Phelps Heating & Cooling technician can help spot small problems before they turn into large malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is located outside, it’s more inclined to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively impact your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a professional to maintain intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that collect inside your system can force it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy consumption—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and could even help it run for a greater period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy expenses and over the years, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps find small troubles before they become major, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely look at pieces and complete a cycle of AC performance tests. These detailed processes often allow us to find troubles before they turn into large issues that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver stress-free comfort throughout the summer. After your system is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is set to provide worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for annual maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this maintenance, your system is at risk for advanced failure and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A quality AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the following locations and components:
- Full system order
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Now with Phelps Heating & Cooling
Today is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Phelps Heating & Cooling pros a ring at 270-358-3167 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your residence, be sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your next tune-up.